Terms and Conditions
CP Axtra Public Company Limited ("Makro") would like to inform you of the details and terms and conditions of becoming a member of Makro and the use of personal information. ("Terms and Conditions") as follows:
1. Form of service
- 1.1 Makro membership system is issued and owned by Makro. Makro reserves the right to approve, suspend or cancel membership status or benefits of Makro membership or change the operation as well as the service model of Makro membership, including termination of service at any time without prior notice to you
- 1.3. Makro reserves the right to grant privileges to members according to the conditions that Makro set only.
- 1.4. Makro members must be a resident of Thailand and must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old or not yet of legal age, you must obtain permission from your legal representative or legal guardian to open an account. Such legal representatives or legal guardians must agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.5. Makro membership status cannot be transferred to another person's name. Those persons who can use and receive benefits from Makro membership are those whose names match the Makro membership database only.
- 1.6. Makro reserves the right to apply for membership of Makro, limited to 1 customer/business/person. You may apply for a Makro membership for 1 membership number only.
- 1.7. You can use the benefits of being a Makro member, including but not limited to the accumulation and/or use of Makro PRO POINT only with Makro.
- 1.8. Makro members who have applied for membership in Thailand can only use such membership in Thailand.
- 1.9. You agree that Makro may, for any reason and in its sole discretion, without notice or liability to you or any third party, immediately cancel your Makro membership’s account, and delete or revoke any content related to your Makro membership account from Makro membership system or, in extreme cases, may temporarily or permanently suspend any trades or refunds; and/or take any other measures that Makro deems appropriate. The reasons for such cancellation are: (a) prolonged inactivity; (b) violation of the objective of these Terms and Conditions; (c) illegal, fraudulent, abusive, defamatory, threatening or coercive behavior; (d) having unusual multiple accounts; (e) giving false information in membership registration; (f) purchasing products in an unusual manner or unusually large quantities; (g) misuse of a discount coupon (e.g., selling a discount coupon to another person or selling discount coupons or credit) by increasing the price higher than the actual value, or the use of discount coupons in an unusual manner or in unusually large amounts; or (h) behaviors that are detrimental to other customers, third parties, or Makro's business interests. Regarding any usage of such account for any unlawful, fraudulent, abusive, defamatory, threatening, or coercive purpose, Makro can notify the legal authorities without informing you. If there is a legal dispute or litigation relating to your Makro member account or use of the service for any reason, Makro may terminate your Makro membership account immediately without notice.
- 1.10. You may request to cancel the existing member account if Makro is notified in writing through the channel specified by Makro. Notwithstanding the abovementioned cancellation, you shall still continue your liability for any transaction which occurred that have not been completed (whether before or after) with regards to any product delivery, payment for products or similar actions. You must contact Makro and ensure that unfinished transactions have been processed and completed immediately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Makro is not liable and shall not be liable for any damage incurred as a result of this condition’s processing. You agree to waive any and all your rights of claim.
Payment of prices and/or various service
- 2.1. When you bring the product to complete payment at the point of sale, it will be considered that you have purchased the product from Makro. As a result, the purchase and sale contract was made between you and Makro.
- 2.2. To pay for the products you purchased through Makro, you will need to complete the payment processing using the payment method you choose below. In the event that your payment is not approved by your chosen payment service provider, Makro has the right to cancel your order.
- 2.2.1. Cash;
- 22.2.2. Citibank Credit Card or UOB Credit Card or Visa Credit Card or MasterCard Credit Card;
- 2.2.3. True Money Wallet
- 2.2.4. Shopee Pay; and
- 2.2.5. Mobile / Online Banking
However, the terms of payment for each channel of purchase shall be specified by Makro.
3. Conditions for receiving products, returning products and canceling orders
- 3.1. You must check the accuracy and condition of the products before paying for the products every time. If the product is defective or of any improper quality, you must notify the staff at the point of sale, otherwise Makro will assume that you accept the defective condition of such product.
- 3.2. For the return of the product in any case, you can submit a request to return the purchased product and refund the purchase price according to the channels, conditions and restrictions set out below. Makro will provide refund to you, which depends on your payment terms and related transaction values. You will strictly abide by the return and refund policy of Makro per below.
- 3.3. Return Policy
- 3.3.1. The reason for acceptance of product return is as follows:
- 18.104.22.168. The product is damaged at the time of your purchase.
- 22.214.171.124. The product specifies an incorrect price and you wish to return the product.
- 126.96.36.199. The product does not have all the equipment at the time of your purchase
- 188.8.131.52. The product has expired for actual consumption or as specified in the product or label’s expiry date.
3.3.2. Products returns are in limited circumstances and shall be made within a specified period of Makro, namely:
- 184.108.40.206. Fresh food and/or chilled/frozen products’ returns are due within 24 hours from the time shown on the receipt.
- 220.127.116.11. Dry food products and/or products other than item 18.104.22.168 are scheduled to be returned within 7 days from the time shown in the receipt.
- 3.3.3. If Makro detects an error in the receipt in case of an error in the price, product list, product quantity, membership card number, payment type and it was detected after you have paid for the products, but you are still within the area of the said store or within the same day period of purchase, please contact the staff and ask for approval to make a refund transaction at the store where you have made the payment.
- 3.3.4. Any returns outside the stated conditions or beyond the specified period shall be considered and subject to the approval of Makro only.
- 3.3.5. Makro will not accept the returns of the products that affect hygiene in any case.
- 3.4. Refund Policy
- 3.4.1. Application for refund for products paid by cash: Please bring the original receipt/tax invoice or abbreviated tax invoice, together with the products to be returned (in the event that the product is returned) or report the error of the sale to Makro staff at the store where you have made the payment.
- 3.4.2. Application for refund for products paid by debit and credit cards.
- 22.214.171.124 Application for refund for products paid by debit and credit cards in cash.
Makro may refund the purchase price in cash to you in case you purchased the product with a credit card in the amount of not more than 1,000 Baht, if the value of the product exceeds 1,000 Baht, such value shall be returned as a credit card limit.
- 126.96.36.199. Requesting a refund for products paid by credit card.
- 188.8.131.52.1. Those who wish to request a refund for the product must be the same person as the credit card holder at the time of payment. Such person must bring the receipt / tax invoice or an abbreviated tax invoice containing a list of purchased products to be returned and credit card slips that have been paid for the purchased products to the products return point.
- 184.108.40.206.2. Products shall be returned according to Makro's return conditions.
- 220.127.116.11.3. The true card owner must bring and present his or her Citibank Credit Card or UOB Credit Card or Visa Credit Card or MasterCard Credit Card.
- 3.4.3. Returning products paid with True Money Wallet
If you pay by True Money Wallet, this shall be treated as if you were paying for your purchased products in cash. Products can be returned in cash without limitations. You must bring the receipt / tax invoice or the abbreviated tax invoice that contains the purchased products that will be returned to be presented for a refund processing
- 3.4.4. Returning products paid with Shopee Pay: The refund for any products paid with Shopee Pay shall be as specified in the terms of the Shopee application only.
- 3.5. Makro reserves the right to cancel any transaction and you agree that the only right of remedy in this case is to obtain a refund of the purchase price of the products.
4. Terms of delivery
- 4.1. Only if there is delivery agreement, Makro is obligated to deliver the products according to the information received from you. Makro will notify you when Makro has received the payment for the products in order to proceed with the delivery of products.
- 4.2. For delivery service by Makro, Makro will use its best effort for you to receive the product within 3-5 working days or within the specified period. Makro is responsible for the delivery cost to the carrier (which Makro may collect such amount from you) as well as responsible for all risks associated with the delivery of products.
5. Makro PRO POINT accumulation (Makro's accumulated points)
- 5.1. Subject to clause 5.14, you may earn points (“Makro PRO POINT”) through purchases made on the application, website, stores or through any other Makro marketing activities as Makro may determine from time to time. At the normal rate, for every 1,000 Baht (after deduction of delivery costs and discounts, if any) you will receive 1 Makro PRO POINT (excess fraction will be rounded off). For example, if you purchase online products worth 1,999 Baht, you will receive 1 Makro PRO POINT. However, in some cases, the rate of Makro PRO POINT may change according to the conditions that Makro set and reasonably notify you in advance. However, such changes may depend on the type of product, support from our commercial partners and sales promotion at that time, etc.
- 5.2. Under the Terms and Conditions, Makro PRO POINT is only the accumulated points received from and used for Makro's marketing activities only. There is no monetary value. Your property rights cannot be established and cannot be bought, sold, transferred, redeemed, or changed for cash.
- 5.3. In the event that you purchase products from Makro stores, Makro PRO POINT will be recorded in your account within the next day from the date that you have paid for that product in full.
- 5.4. In the event that you purchase products through the Makro PRO application, Makro PRO POINT will be recorded in your account within the next day from the date that the said product has been delivered to you in full.
- 5.5. You can check the remaining Makro PRO POINT and points that will expire and check the benefits and promotional campaigns. The rate of earning points or the rate of calculating the value of Makro PRO POINT and using the accumulated points as discounts or redemption for other benefits are as specified by Makro via the Makro PRO application and at Makro stores.
- 5.6. Subject to clause 5.14, you can use Makro PRO POINT as follows: (1) as a discount on price of products and services on the Makro PRO application and/or at Makro stores at the rate of 1 Makro PRO POINT as a 1 Baht discount (or any other rates that Makro may change temporarily or permanently in each promotional or general campaign in advance). However, you cannot use Makro PRO POINT as a full discount. For example, if the order value is 100 Baht and you have 100 Makro PRO POINT, you can use only 99 Makro PRO POINT to redeem for discounts on products and services only. You will have to pay an additional 1 Baht for the difference and/or (2) redeem any other benefits such as souvenirs or premium products. As specified by Makro specifically, such redemption rates will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of each marketing campaign.
- 5.7. In using the above points, you agree to comply with measures that Makro request for validation and confirmation of Makro PRO POINT rights every time Makro PRO POINT accumulated used or redeemed via Makro PRO application and/or Makro stores. Such measures will be processed and immediately deducted from the remaining points. You will not receive an email summarizing the use or redemption of points but may be able to check the history of point redemption at the menu titled "usage history" of the Makro PRO application or at a Makro store
- 5.8. Once you have confirmed the use or redemption of Makro PRO POINT, you will not be able to request a refund except in the cases specified in clause 5.10.
- 5.9. Any accumulated used or redeemed Makro PRO POINT will be deducted from the points closest to expiration date first (on a first come, first go basis).
- 5.10. You agree and accept that: If you return products purchased from the Makro PRO application and/or Makro stores for any reason, you agree to return Makro PRO POINT received and/or any other benefits received from point redemption proportionately. For example, if you purchase multiple products for a total amount of 10,000 Baht, you will receive 10 points from the purchase mentioned earlier. If you later return 1 product worth 900 Baht, then the net purchase value will be reduced to 9,100 Baht. This gives you the right to receive only 9 points. Therefore, when you receive more than 1 point, you must return the said point to Makro. In the event that you are unable to return Makro PRO POINT and/or any other benefits, you agree to compensate Makro either in cash according to the value of Makro PRO POINT or the value of any other privileges received in full within 15 days after being notified in writing by Makro.
- 5.11. You can earn and use Makro PRO POINT only as you are entitled in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that you receive or use Makro PRO POINT in excess of the right granted for any reason, you agree to reimburse Makro in cash for the value of Makro PRO POINT points or the value of any other privileges received in full within 15 days after being notified in writing by Makro.
- 5.12. Makro PRO POINTs are valid for 2 calendar years from the next calendar year in which the purchase of products were made for the purpose of earning the points. Makro will calculate points deduction that expire on the last day of every calendar year. For example, if you purchase products on June 30, 2022 in the amount of 1,000 Baht, you will receive 1 Makro PRO POINT. Such points will be valid until December 31, 2024. This is because it is due 2 calendar years from the date of earning points from purchases in the year 2022.
- 5.13. In addition to the expiration of Makro PRO POINT as above, points may be lost for any of the following reasons: (1) your membership account is suspended or terminated for any reason; (2) you materially breach these Terms and Conditions; (3) you become bankrupt or being in receivership, (4) you become incompetent, or (5) you passed away.
- 5.14. The Makro PRO POINT reward system, which includes the earning, using, and redeeming of Makro PRO POINT, does not apply to purchases of liquor, tobacco, baby food (e.g., milk powder for infant and children), food supplements for baby, children food, drug or participants in the “CP Axtra Credit customer application” program and purchase of gift vouchers and other goods which have been excluded as announced by Makro (Any other excluded products include (but not limited to) products not sold by Makro, for example, in the case of purchasing products that Makro is not a seller, you will not receive Makro PRO POINT from such purchase. and cannot use the Makro PRO POINT received as a discount for the product that Makro is not a seller).
- 5.15. In the event of any dispute regarding Makro PRO POINT, you agree and accept that Makro has the sole authority to investigate and resolve any dispute and Makro 's decision shall be final. In the event that the accumulated points need to be adjusted for correction, Makro reserves the right to adjust the points no later than 6 months after Makro has agreed to adjust your accumulated points.
- 5.16. Makro does not allow the use, exchanging or trading of Makro PRO POINT with other people in any form. You certify that you will not perform such action. You are aware that doing so may breach your contractual obligation under the Terms and Conditions and/or be against the law. Makro has no involvement in or take any responsibility for such actions.
- 5.17. Subject to applicable laws, Makro may be obligated by law to deduct and remit withholding tax from the value of Makro PRO POINT earned by you. You allow Makro to deduct Makro PRO POINT, which you will receive from the purchase of products, in proportion to the value that Makro is legally obligated to deduct. For example, if you are a purchaser whose purpose is to resell the purchased products making a total purchase of 1,000,000 Baht, it will result in receiving 1,000 Makro PRO POINT, worth 1,000 Baht. By applicable law, you are entitled to a cash discount as a legal income. Hence, Makro is obliged to deduct 3% withholding tax from the value of such points and submit to the Revenue Department according to the law. As a result, you will be deducted 30 points and only 970 points will be credited to your account. In all cases, if the result of calculating points for withholding tax payment comes out as a decimal, it will always round up to an integer.
- 5.18. You understand that the remittance of the withholding tax will result in the remittance of your Makro PRO POINT transaction data to the Revenue Department. In case you do not wish to participate in this Makro PRO POINT project, you are able to contact Call Center 1432 or LINE Official Account of each store in order to request not to receive such rights. If it does not appear to us that you have informed your intention not to receive such rights in writing, it shall be deemed that you wish to receive the right to this Makro PRO POINT campaign under the terms of this clause 5.
- 5.19. Where there are reasonable and necessary cause, Makro may suspend or terminate the Makro PRO POINT reward system and change the promotion through the website by making an announcement via the Makro PRO application or at Makro's stores.
6. Details of products and services, prices, discounts, and orders
- 6.1. Makro will specify product details and prices for you to consider when purchasing products. When you have decided to purchase a product or service and have made a purchase in accordance with such ordering method, you are deemed to agree to be bound by such order.
- 6.2. Charges for any products and services shall be in accordance with the rates specified by Makro for such products and services.
- 6.3. You may use Makro PRO POINT or various discount coupons received from promotions to reduce the price of products or services according to the conditions of Makro PRO POINT or a specific discount coupon.
- 6.4. In some cases, Makro reserves the right to set a minimum order value in accordance with changing business costs, i.e., you will not be able to confirm an order if the order value is lower than the minimum order value. Makro may notify minimum order value to you from time to time.
7. Other marketing promotional projects
Makro may organize other marketing promotional projects in the future, subject to the terms and conditions of that project which will be announced by Makro on the website or other communication channels. In the case that the terms and conditions of the said project do not cover certain terms or conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall apply mutatis mutandis to the extent necessary to resolve any disputes that may arise.
8. Terms and conditions for the use of personal information
Makro will collect, use and disclose personal data of Makro members that you have provided in the Makro membership application form and supporting documents for membership of Makro membership, including other information in accordance with the purposes for which you have given your consent to use personal information In the event that you agree to allow Makro to take any action that uses and/or discloses your personal data It is assumed that you have acknowledged Makro's data protection policy. (“Personal Data Protection and Cookies Policy”) and agree to the terms and conditions of the use of such personal information.
9. Limitation of Liability
- 9.1. Makro shall not be liable under contract, warranty, tort (including but not limited to negligence, product liability, absolute liability) or any other lawsuits against
- 9.1.1. Loss of profit, loss of income; or
- 9.1.2. Indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with Makro even though Makro has been informed of the possibility of such damages.
- 9.1.3. If Makro is held to be liable by a court or any competent jurisdiction (including gross negligence) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Makro’s liability to you or any third party is limited to value of disputed products.
- 9.1.4. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude liability for death or bodily injury arising from Makro's gross negligence, fraud, or any other liability on Makro's part that cannot be limited and/or excluded by law.
10. Representations and Warranties
- 10.1. You represent and warrant that you:
- 10.1.1. have the right and ability to enter these Terms and Conditions and comply with them; and
- 10.1.2. to use the service for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any laws, regulations, codes, directives, guidelines policies and regulations applicable.
11. Fraudulent or suspected acts
- 11.1. Subject to Makro's sole discretion, if Makro has reasonable grounds to believe that you have done or made any transaction that may be fraudulent or suspected to be fraudulent, Makro may take measures to protect Makro or third parties from refunding, Rejection of Payment and Objection against Payment, impose fees, fines, penalties, and any other liability. Measures that Makro may take include:
- 11.1.1. Makro may close, suspend or limit access to your account or the provision of the services; and/or suspend any transaction.
- 11.1.2. Makro may hold, use or transfer funds that are in your account in accordance with judgments and orders relating to you or your account.
- 11.1.3. Makro may refuse to provide services to you immediately or in the future.
- 11.1.4. In some cases, Makro may hold your funds for a period necessary to protect against risks of liability to Makro or third parties, or if Makro believes that you have done or made any transaction that may be fraudulent or suspect of the purposes of this clause.
- 18.104.22.168. “Rejection of Payment” means a complaint that you file against your debit or credit card company or debit or credit card issuing bank to invalidate a payment.
- 22.214.171.124. “Objection against Payment” means objection against payment that you directly notify Makro.
- 126.96.36.199. “Refund” means a refund of the purchase price by Makro due to (a) the requesting bank invalidating such payment; (b) Makro has mistakenly delivered the purchase price to you (c) The consignor is not permitted to deliver such products. (For example, consignor uses stolen credit card) (d) you have received payment for the products in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or (e) Makro wishes to object its payment to you.
- 12.1. You agree to indemnify, protect and hold harmless Makro, its shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners and employees (collectively, “Indemnified Parties”) from claims, actions, proceedings, and suits, including all liabilities, damages, settlements, penalties, fines, expenses, and costs (including but not limited to other dispute resolution costs) incurred by the Indemnified Parties, arising out of or in connection with: (a) any breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions and any other policies or guidelines referenced herein; (b) the misuse or abuse of the services; or (c) the violation of any law or right or any third party.
13. Other Terms
- 13.1. Governing Law: The terms and conditions of any sales transaction and settlement of disputes between you and Makro with respect to such transactions shall be governed by Thai laws.
- 13.2. Waiver. Failure to enforce any Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such Terms and Conditions, and will not affect the enforcement of such Terms and Conditions in the future.
- 13.3. Modifications, changes to these Terms and Conditions: At Makro's sole discretion, which shall be effective upon notification or appearance on the website, announcement of changes on the website and/or sending electronic mail and/or through various online applications, it is deemed you have been notified and you have acknowledged and agreed to comply with such changes.
- 13.4. Communications and Notices. You agree and accept to continue all communications with Makro.
14. Reporting problems or complaints
Makro has established a customer service center to report problems, or complaints, problems arising from using Makro's services for you and will immediately find a solution for you as appropriate. Should Makro not be able to promptly process complaints or deal with complaints raised by you immediately, Makro will inform the reasons and the expected period to resolve to the complainant via e-mail, applications, websites, social media or phone calls. You may submit complaints via Call Center 1432 or LINE Official Account of each store.
These Terms and Conditions are made in Thai language, if there is any provision which contradicts with the English translation, the Thai language version shall prevail only.
***Makro reserves the right to limit purchase amount. promotional event coupons or other information as stated without prior notice if there is a change*** to the Terms and Conditions
* Issued on 5 July 2023